With Limex raft washers, spotless floating rafts , also known as floats or floaters, are guaranteed. Floating rafts are primarily used in hydroculture and hydroponics. The cleaning effect of our raft washers meets strict hygiene regulations, so every cultivation cycle begins with clean starting material. Easily remove plant residues, substrate, root remnants and algae. Our raft washers help you to increase the quality of your crops and take your cultivation to the next level.
Wash floating rafts thoroughly, sustainably and easily
Every washing problem is unique. We can adjust our raft washers very precisely to suit your cleaning needs. Consider for instance the ideal spray pressure, to prevent damage to polystyrene floating rafts. We also avoid wasting more water, disinfectant and energy than necessary, and bacteria, mould and plant residues don’t stand a chance. Good hygiene of floating rafts in hydroponic production systems is essential for the health and quality of your products. Cleaning with a Limex raft washer contributes to a reduced risk of contamination and spoilage and therefore to a higher output.
Pythium in algae in t hydroponic production systems
The fungus Pythium can, among other things, be found in algae. Critical levels of Pythium in a hydroponic system affect the oxygen content of the water, which is detrimental to the crop. Thorough cleaning of rafts and floats, and disinfection with hydrogen peroxide if necessary, substantially reduces the risk of Pythium.
Use of chemicals in floating raft washers
When chemicals are used in the process of cleaning floating rafts, there is a risk that chemical residues will remain on the raft. Alkaline cleaner (soap) can do a lot to clean the floating rafts, but these chemical residues are potentially harmful to the cultivation water. For this reason, only the disinfectant hydrogen peroxide is used. To do this, Limex washers are specially configured to dose hydrogen peroxide automatically. In this way, our washing machines safeguard the quality and health of your crops.
Why a Limex raft washer?
- Floating rafts guaranteed free of plant residues, substrate and algae;
- Lower emissions and higher savings thanks to accurate use of water, energy and disinfectant;
- Specific spraying pattern and water pressure to avoid damaging polystyrene;
- Healthier products through reduced use of pesticides;
- Reuse of water thanks to a closed system – water is filtered and circulated in the washer;
- Flexible configuration of our washing lines through modular design;
- Guaranteed visually and microbiologically clean floating rafts;
- Robustly built, easy to maintain and easy to clean;
- A washing machine integrated in your production line or stand alone.
Additional possibilities with our float washers
- Washing water heated by electric heating, heat exchanger or steam injection;
- Blowing off water droplets;
- Renting a machine – ideal for seasonal products;
- Additional filter technologies;
- Various disinfection methods;
- Various types of floating rafts are possible, various dimensions and materials. Fr example polystyrene or hard plastic.
Sinner’s Circle for raft washers
The ‘Sinner’s Circle’ cleaning principle applies four variables in different quantities: mechanical power, contact time, temperature and chemistry. These factors are precisely attuned to the specific soiling. Washing processes are configured in a washing installation, with each process having a different combination of the factors in Sinner’s Circle. When all the variables are in balance, this provides the most thorough cleaning results. Limex has unparalleled knowledge of all four variables of Sinner’s Circle. We’ll be happy to advise you on the best way to apply this principle to your washing demands.
Limex hydroponic projects
Our machines are active in hydroponics worldwide and are used successfully at companies such as:
- Hydronov Inc., Mirabel, Canada;
- Dominiek de Craemer in Pittem, Belgium, with three raft washers in operation;
- Plantlab installed two raft washers;
- BrightFarms will install their sixth and seventh raft washers in early 2022;
- Deayoung in South Korea;
- De Kruidenaer in Etten Leur, the Netherlands;
- Tanimura & Antle in the USA installed their second washer in 2021;
- Third Coast Produce LLC USA;
Why a Limex raft washer?
Limex has close to 40 years of experience in cleaning reusable containers and packaging for the vegetable and plant sectors. We have always continued to grow with the market, technology and innovative solutions. Limex is aware of all the latest developments and understands the challenges you face. Our solutions are therefore always engineered to suit your specific situation.
Limex is constantly developing
Through our years of process knowledge and with laboratory research, we can demonstrate the best method to remove viruses such as ToBRFV, CGMMV, TVX and the fungus Fusarium from harvest crates and trays (Limex research 2017, 2020, 2021).
Are you interested in what our raft washers can do?
Would you like to learn more about what our raft washers or other washing machines can do for you? Would you like to find out more about these studies? Feel free to contact us without obligation. We’ll be happy to help!