Limex has developed crate washers to disinfect boxes. The boxes are disinfected in a hygienic way. Good hygiene is essential in the agro-food industry, we can help you with that! Disinfecting boxes has a major impact on the food safety and shelf life of your products.
Why disinfect boxes?
It is very important to disinfect your boxes properly. For the following reasons you should do this thoroughly:
- Often the box or crate is visibly clean, but there is still microbiological dirt on the crate that you cannot see with the human eye. This affects the shelf life and food safety of your products;
- Proper disinfecting ensures consistent quality of your products;
- Stickers or labels often leave behind dirty residues on the boxes; poor disinfection can affect your product;
- No matter how well you disinfect your boxes, it is difficult to kill all viruses, but with the crate washers of Limex you can!
The crate washers of Limex ensures a good disinfection of your boxes.
Why a Limex crate washer?
To disinfect your boxes, it is important that you use a high-quality machine. The Limex crate washers are packed with many functionalities and advantages. Disinfecting boxes with a Limex crate washer has the following advantages:
- A sustainable solution by saving water, energy and chemicals;
- Disinfects 150-4,000 boxes per hour;
- The machines retain a high residual value, there is a large second-hand market;
- There are two options for the washing line: washing crates or pallets;
- Flexible construction of the washing lines through a modular concept.
As mentioned before, the crates are not only visibly cleaned but also microbiologically clean. The Limex machine removes CGMMV, ToBRFV and TVX viruses, proven by laboratory research in 2017 and 2020. In summer of 2021, Limex conducted new lab research, the Limex method is highly effective to remove the mold Fusarium Oxysporum, but also the fungi Phytophthora of Pythium. If you are looking for a machine that disinfects boxes well, the Limex crate washer is perfect for you!
Additional possibilities to disinfect boxes
The crate washers of Limex have a number of additional features, which may be of interest when considering a crate washer to disinfect your boxes;
- The proper removal of stickers;
- Automatic dosage of cleaning agents or disinfectants;
- Blowing off water droplets;
- Possibility to rent: ideal for seasonal products;
- Foaming of products with Menno Florades;
- Adapting electrical power supply for international locations;
- Heating by means of electric heating, central heating water via heat exchanger or steam injection.
Our disinfection method
We use the cleaning principle of “The Circle of Sinner” when disinfecting boxes. This is a cleaning principle in which four variables are applied in coordinated amounts:
- Mechanical labour (force);
- Cleaning agent (chemistry).
These variables are adjusted to the specific contamination. The wash lines can therefore be used for several washing processes to disinfect boxes, in which a different combination of settings is applied each time. For example: pre-rinsing, multiple main wash sections, disinfection zone and post-rinse.
Are you convinced of the importance of disinfecting boxes? Then contact us for all possibilities!